What is Educational Psychology?
Educational Psychology focuses on optimizing an individual’s ability to learn. At San Diego Kids First, we understand that each child, adolescent, and teen retains and acquires knowledge in their own unique way. In order to meet the academic demands of families this upcoming school year, we have decided to expand our educational psychology department!
Meet Kendal Tavarez, M.Ed
Kendal will offer a select number of sessions with San Diego Kids First in the following individual and small-group services:
– Social pairings and group thinking
– Parent sessions
– Targeted Academic Assessments
– Multidisciplinary Evaluations in conjunction with SDFK Clinical Psychologists
– Social/Emotional Skills Development (Social Emotional Learning Curriculum)
– Dysgraphia/Fine Motor & Handwriting Skills Development (Learning Without Tears Curriculum)
– Individual academic support for Elementary School Learners in all subjects
– 504/IEP planning and implementation
– School observations to assist in IEP/504 development
– Inclusion support
– Educational planning
– Executive Functioning Skills Development (e.g Homework Completion, Project Completion, Time Management, Study Skills).
Kendal earned her bachelors in Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education from Arizona State University. While teaching resource students in a k-6 public school setting, she went on to earn her Master of Education with an emphasis in Inclusive Learning, Special Education, and Universal Design from the University of San Diego. Through these degrees, Kendal has been able to support countless students in general education, special education, and inclusive learning settings across Arizona and California schools.
Post masters, she went on to teach early childhood-aged students within an inclusion classroom. Additionally, Kendal has worked with students ages 4-8 in a theatre extracurricular class. Through this experience, she was able to bring together two of her passions, student learning and performing arts.
Kendal’s variety of academic and educational services are available now and filling quickly! If you would like to schedule an appointment with Kendal, please call or email our office at 858-692-4187 // firstname.lastname@example.org.